Current Record: 8-13 (38%)
The unders prevailed yesterday, going 2-1. Utah State failed me. But now we have our first day of “big boys” playing in bowl games. This is when and where we cannot fall further in the whole. There are s couple of awesome matchups later tonight that explain themselves. Join me in previewing!
Military Bowl Presented by Peraton
- 12:00pm CST, Annapolis, Maryland
- UCF vs Duke (-3.5) – Total 62
- PICK: OVER 62. The unders treated me well yesterday, but I think this is a spot where we go back to the overs. Both teams are averaging over 33ppg. That’s 66.
AutoZone Liberty Bowl
- 3:30pm CST, Memphis, Tennessee
- Kansas vs Arkansas (-2.5) – Total 69
- PICK: Arkansas -2.5. The Jayhawks are in their first bowl game since 2008 and they get to face an SEC team. You think they’ll be up for this game? You bet. However, they’ve lost 3 in a row and given up over 40 points in each of them. Arkansas is better than their record says.
San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl
- 6:00pm CST, San Diego, California
- Oregon (-13.5) vs North Carolina – Total 75
- PICK: UNDER 75. Tell you what, UNC with the points might be a nice option too. Lots of boys sitting this one out on the Ducks side. This total is wildly high, even with UNC giving up a billion a game. This feels so under it might be an over? Fade if you please.
TaxAct Texas Bowl
- 7:00pm CST, Houston, Texas
- Texas Tech vs Ole Miss (-3.5) – Total 71.5
- PICK: Texas Tech +3.5. Ole Miss had aspirations of shocking the world, but proceeded to drop the last three of the regular season. Texas Tech, with nothing to gain or lose, won their last three. We run with the hot, motivated hand.