Current Record: 6-11 (35%)
NOT IDEAL. I never claimed to be an expert, but this is going poorly. The problem lies with the amount of overs I am taking honestly. I am currently 0-6 on overs. Will I ever learn my lesson? Probably not. I am determined to find one.
I am, however, 5-3 on picking the spread. That’s green and good. With today’s slate, I need to decide if I’d like to gamble boosting those numbers or finding these overs that seemingly do not exist.
- 11:00am CST, Montgomery, Alabama
- Georgia Southern (-5) vs Buffalo – Total 67.5
- PICK: UNDER 67.5. As I have referenced before, overs are seemingly nonexistent this bowl season. I am ready to accept it. Of the 17 games that have been played, only 4 of them have touched 60 points, and never 68 points. (This is a fade opportunity for the haters. Alternate line over 80 points.)
SERVPRO First Responder Bowl
- 2:15pm CST, Dallas, Texas
- Utah State vs Memphis (-7) – Total 58.5
- PICK: Utah State +7. The Aggies are coming off a tough loss to Boise State in a game that just got away from them. However, Memphis is going to be without a couple skill position guys and bowl games have been tight. All you have to do is keep it within a touchdown.
TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl
- 5:45pm CST, Birmingham, Alabama
- Coastal Carolina vs East Carolina (-7.5) – Total 65.5
- PICK: UNDER 65.5. My new logic for bowl games is if I see a total in the 60’s I’m going to take the under. remember my stat from before? It applies here again. But I would like it on record that I like Coastal Carolina to cover in this spot as well.
Guaranteed Rate Bowl
- 9:15pm CST, Phoenix, Arizona
- Wisconsin (-3.5) vs Oklahoma State – Total 45
- PICK: UNDER 45. There are a lot of players on both sides that are not playing in this game for various reasons. That 45 number is oh so tempting. We may not even see a touchdown. The Cowboys lost 4 of their last 5 and Wisconsin can barely score with their starters. Let’s do it. Under.