We have arrived to the long Christmas weekend with a record of 5-8, 38%. In baseball, that would get me in the Hall of Fame as an all-time great. In gambling, I’m a loser.
After this weekend, we will start getting into the bowl games where you might recognize the schools, maybe even a couple of the players. We’ve got 4 matchups through the end of Monday before we ramp in up and head towards the New Year’s Six and semifinal playoffs.
Friday 12/23: Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
- 2:00pm CST, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Louisiana vs Houston (-7) – Total 56.5
- PICK: OVER 56.5. Two middle-of-the-road teams with high-power offenses makes me like the points. My only concern is the weather being colder than normal for them there in Louisiana. Let’s just hope for 3 TDs in the 1st quarter.
Friday 12/23: Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl
- 5:30pm CST, Tampa, Florida
- Wake Forest (-2.5) vs Missouri – Total 58.5
- PICK: OVER 58.5. Friday overs? Friday overs. Wake Forest can score. Missouri can at least either hang with anyone or give up the points. A total under 60 feels good to me.
Saturday 12/24: EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl
- 7:00pm CST, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Middle Tennessee State vs San Diego State (-6.5) – Total 47.5
- PICK: Middle Tennessee State +6.5. This line started with Middle Tennessee being 1.5 point favorites. Now the quarterback and wide receiver are a no go. So we took a hard flip to San Diego State. But here’s my thinking. SDST plays in Hawaii all the time. How often do kids from Tennessee get to leave record breaking low temperatures for a tropical Christmas? Never. Give me the Blue Raiders.
Monday 12/26: Quick Lane Bowl
- 1:30pm CST, Detroit, Michigan
- New Mexico State vs Bowling Green (-3.5) – Total 48.5
- PICK: OVER 48.5. Yes, another over. I’m addicted to overs (responsibly). This is another game where the line flipped and I could go either way on it. I think NMST is the better team, but picking two games against the flip scares me. So, we over.