Current Record: 3-6 (33%)
Okay so this hasn’t been the greatest start. But let’s remember – these are the throw away bowls (no disrespect). The big boys are coming, we just have to claw and fight our way to them. Today, we have two chances to get the thing repaired and back on the road. And by golly, it’s a double MACtion day.
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
- 2:30pm CST, Boise, Idaho
- Eastern Michigan vs San Jose State (-4) – Total 53.5
- PICK: Eastern Michigan +4. This is just a system play. San Jose State has not covered in its last 5 games straight. Eastern Michigan has covered in 4 of 5. This has the possibility of being a very high scoring game, but the bowl games have been pretty under-prone to start. So, let’s take the dog.
RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl
- 6:30pm CST, Boca Raton, Florida
- Liberty vs Toledo (-3.5) – Total 52.5
- PICK: Toledo -3.5. Right off the top, let me just say I have no read on this game. As I’m typing this, I’m trying to talk myself into a pick. Toledo just won the MAC for the first time since 2017. Liberty is an independent school who got demolished at home 49-14 against New Mexico State. It’s worth noting, though, they did cover a 14.5 point spread against Arkansas on the road on November 5th. But that was a long time ago. Heck with it. Give me the Rockets.
*BONUS PLAY* (this does not count towards my record – win or lose.
A MACtion moneyline parlay is +333.